Hello everybody,

due to problems with appstream-builder, we decided to disable it on all
current projects, because it is very I/O demanding [1] and will timeout on
our disks even on medium-sized projects, which often leads to failed builds.

Please let us know if you want us not to turn off the appstream-builder for
you. Or you can turn it back on again in project settings once we announce
we disabled it on all projects

FTR, since the last release, we no longer enable appstream metadata for new
builds by default, so this warning applies to projects older than 2023-01-25

Jiri

[1] - https://github.com/hughsie/appstream-glib/issues/301