On pátek 1. prosince 2023 15:04:10 CET Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> Hello maintainers!
>
> Let me announce a new release of Mock Core Configs v39.3, aka
> the configuration files for Mock, the chroot build environment manager
> for building RPMs.
>
> The notable change in this release is that we are switching the default
> package_manager from DNF4 to DNF5, according to the F40 change:
>     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/BuildWithDNF5
> Full release notes:
>    https://rpm-software-management.github.io/mock/Release-Notes-Configs-39.3
>
> We plan to push this update into Fedora Copr to get some early testing
> next week.  Then, depending on the releng team, we might push this into
> Koji soon. The Bodhi updates links are here:
>
>     F39 https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-0a947db1d0
>     F38 https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-6ef1e12930
>     F37 https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-cd9c489f40
>     EL9 https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2023-c2c4082053
>     EL8 https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2023-eab5217f46
>
> Note that we **will not** push these updates into Fedora stable earlier
> than on Monday 2023-12-18 (but very likely we'll wait till the next
> year, depending on the feedback).

And the push eventually happened, despite that I did not want it to
happen, yet.  I probably messed up the Bodhi updates (I thought I
disabled the stable-by-time feature).  Sorry, folks.

The builds often just work.  But there are two issues that blocks us
from letting this update go to Fedora Copr at least:

- the builddep globbing issue
  https://github.com/rpm-software-management/dnf5/pull/1088 which is
  going to be fixed by a new release (just a new DNF5 release into
  Rawhide means the problem is fixed)

- the weird hangs against Fedora Copr repositories
  https://github.com/fedora-copr/copr/issues/3067 - this will probably
  not hit you locally, but I am not sure yet.

In any case, if you need to - stay with DNF4 for a while - either do

    $ cat ~/.config/mock/fedora-rawhide-x86_64.cfg
    include("/etc/mock/fedora-rawhide-x86_64.cfg")
    config_opts["package_manager"] = "dnf"

... or stay with the `mock-core-configs v39.2` a bit longer please.

Sorry again for the inconvenience,
Pavel