2009/7/28 Martin Buchholz <marti...@google.com>:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 06:08, Michael McMahon<michael.mcma...@sun.com> wrote:
>> Andrew John Hughes wrote:

>>> rename-execvpe is the one I'm particularly concerned about.  It's a
>>> trivial patch, but without it, OpenJDK builds are going to start
>>> failing as distros move to the new glibc (e.g. Fedora 12).  It's
>>> already an issue for users of Fedora rawhide.
>>>

>> Ok. Maybe we can push rename-execvpe and RESTARTABLE first.
>
> RESTARTABLE depends on vfork-exec, and I would not like to do
> the work to reorder them.
>
> Changes to fork-exec are always high-risk,
> and I would like to see some more testing on these
> before committing to openjdk proper.
> That could be done by having icedtea7 import them,
> and by having Michael or another Sun person run them
> through Sun testing.
>
> There are more changes to fork-exec to come,
> although they will probably not affect the average Linux user's
> experience.
>
> Michael and I have been doing other things the past few weeks.
>
> Martin

Sure, we can do some testing with IcedTea7 after the release for M4,
which should be sometime in the next week or so.

In the meantime, can you or me push the execvpe cleanup to the 6 and 7
forests (tl presumably for 7)?  Or is there a further issue there?
You've not mentioned it in either reply.

Joe, I assume this is okay for 6?  Without it the build is broken on
newer distributions.

Andrew :-)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8