Martin,

Would you please help review the change?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sherman/6881337/webrev

Somehow the development team messed up our change in ZipEntry.java in b64 in their putback. This fix is to restore the api/impl.
The bug report probably has not been pushed out yet. Here is the copy/paste.

Thanks,
Sherman

*Synopsis*: ZipEntry.setComment() was accidentally changed back to old
spec/impl in jdk7-b64

CrPrint: http://bt2ws.central.sun.com/CrPrint?id=6881337
Monaco: http://monaco.sfbay.sun.com/detail.jsf?cr=6881337

*Change Request ID*: 6881337

*Synopsis*: ZipEntry.setComment() was accidentally changed back to old
spec/impl in jdk7-b64

 Product: java
 Category: java
 Subcategory: classes_util_jarzip
 Type: Defect
Subtype: Status: 5-Cause Known Substatus: Priority: 3-Medium Introduced In Release: Introduced In Build: Responsible Manager: frances...@sun.com
 Responsible Engineer: xueming.s...@sun.com
 Initial Evaluator: java_util_b...@sun.com
Yes - I agree that this is part of a mismerge made by me, while getting the
change needed for kernel to setTime, I also took 1.6 version of setComment,
which was unrelated.
You should restore setComment to its previous form.

/Andy

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/jdk7/jdk/diff/9053bcc8eef0/src/share/classes/java/util/zip/ZipEntry.java

> The changeset summary/tag in the ZipEntry.java is
>
> 6797688: Umbrella: Merge all JDK 6u4 - 6u12 deployment code into JDK7
>
> (I'm not sure if this is accurate or not)
>
> Andy, you are listed as the owner of this fix, can you confirm?
>
> Sherman
>
> Dmitry Miltsov wrote:
>
>> Hello Xueming,
>>
>> According to CCC 4244499 the following assertion was removed for the spec
>> on java.util.zip.ZipEntry since b57:
>> "Throws: IllegalArgumentException - if the length of the specified comment
>> string is greater than 0xFFFF bytes"
>>
>> However since b64 this assertion has returned to the ZipEntry specification
and
>> is contradicting to the new assertion "If the length of the specified comment
>> string is greater than 0xFFFF bytes after encoding, only the first 0xFFFF
bytes
>> are output to the ZIP file entry."
>>
>> Could you please clarify the issue ? Also it seems that the returned
assertion
>> about IllegalArgumentException has not been approved through the CCC process.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dmitry

*** (#1 of 1): 2009-09-11 18:48:33 GMT+00:00 xueming.s...@sun.com

=== *Public Comments* ========================================================

=== *Comments* ===============================================================

=== *Evaluation* =============================================================
Need to restore the spec and the implementation.

*** (#1 of 1): 2009-09-11 18:49:36 GMT+00:00 xueming.s...@sun.com

=== *Suggested Fix* ==========================================================

=== *Workaround* =============================================================

=== *Justification* ==========================================================
Priority changed from [] to [3-Medium]
regression
xueming.s...@sun.com 2009-09-11 18:48:33 GMT

*** (#1 of 1): 2009-09-11 18:48:33 GMT+00:00 xueming.s...@sun.com

=== *Additional Details* =====================================================
       Targeted Release: 7
Commit To Fix In Build: Fixed In Build: Integrated In Build: Verified In Build: See Also: Duplicate of: Hooks: Hook1: Hook2: Hook3: Hook4: Hook5: Hook6: Interest List: Program Management: Root Cause: Is a Security Vulnerability?: No
 Fix Affects Documentation: No
 Fix Affects Localization: No
Reported by:
       Date Submitted: 2009-09-11 18:48:32 GMT+00:00
       Submitted By: xueming.s...@sun.com

       Status Changed    Date Updated                  Updated By
       5-Cause Known     2009-09-11 18:49:36 GMT+00:00 xueming.s...@sun.com