To amplify my previous statement, I think this is a great piece of work!
Vladimir  is to be commended. I also think that it may well get
substantially faster as Vladimir continues to make minor algorithmic
modifications. Jon Bentley has made many fine suggestions that Vladimir will
try out.There are also some lower-level performance tweaks that may well
yield improved performance (e.g., eliminate the div parameter from
dualPivotQuicksort, eliminate the division from algorithm).  It is, of
course, possible that this performance work won't yield significant
benefits, but I suspect otherwise.
       Josh

P.S.  When all of this is done, the code could use some minor reformatting
to match JDK standards, but I wouldn't worry about this until the
performance work is done.