Jason Mehrens wrote:
> By toIdentityString, do you mean the String that would be returned by
> toString if toString is not overridden?
>
> -Joe

Yep.  As in:
return o != null ? o.getClass().getName() +'@' <mailto:+...@%27>+ Integer.toHexString(System.identityHashCode(o)) : "null"; I suppose the name should be identityToString to match System.identityHashCode??? Jason

I think a better name would be "defaultToString" since it is the default toString from Object. However, I haven't ever heard anyone else request easier access to the default toString before so I'm not convinced this should go into Objects.

-Joe