Mandy Chung wrote:
Alan, Rémi,

Thanks for the review.   The revised webrev is at:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/6612680/jdk-webrev.01/
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/6612680/hotspot-webrev.01/
The changes you pushed to jdk7/tl/jdk look fine - thanks for doing the clean-ups (and for the explanation for the make/sun/jkernel/Makefile change). One other thing I forgot to mention is that System.initializeSystemClasses can be restored - as I recall, that was hacked to workaround issues encountered with the download manager running before the system classes were completely initialized.

Minor comment on thread.cpp is that it might be neater if set_jkernel_boot_classloader_hook were:

if (k != NULL) {
 JavaValue result(T_VOID);
 JavaCalls::call_static( ... );
}