Joseph D. Darcy wrote:
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
Joe, would you be prepared to sponsor a Strings class, and see join on
there instead of String?

No.

+1.

It was necessary to introduce Arrays and Collections for utility methods because there was no place else to locate the static methods. But for String these should simply be static String methods.

But that also means I'd prefer to see additional static methods in Object, rather than the added Objects class.

Personally I think a java.util.Utilities class containing nested static classes for Objects, Arrays, Collections, Strings, Maps etc, might have been a better way to organize such things. But it's probably too late now as the duplication would be very ugly.

David