On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 4:34 PM, <joe.da...@oracle.com> wrote:

> While I have sympathy with that conclusion, there is the
> side-effect of littering many APIs with the flotsam of lots of different
> classes named "Pair."  My inclination would be to produce one adequate
> Pair class in the JDK to prevent the proliferation of yet more Pair classes
> in other code bases.

Please don't add Pair. It should never be used in APIs. Adding it to
java.util will enable and even encourage its use in APIs. The damage done to
future Java APIs will be far worse than a few duplicate copies of Pair (I
don't even see that many). I think we'll have a hard time finding use cases
to back up this addition.

Bob