So some of these changes are using the new jdk7 language features? (diamond operator)
Is this a first, or is this happening already? Just curious.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ksrini/6990106/webrev.00/src/share/classes/com/sun/java/util/jar/pack/Attribute.java.sdiff.html
460 return (layout == null ? "" == null : layout.equals(""));
   I'd use       return "".equals(layout);

I wasn't able to look at much more, I'll try to later... Just thought I'd pass on what I saw.

-kto