On 2/24/11 2:20 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
All looks okay to me except for
src/share/classes/com/sun/java/util/jar/pack/PropMap.java.

At L129 it uses getResourceAsStream and that will return null if the properties
file doesn't exist causing props.load to throw NPE. I realize the original code
will NPE too but maybe this should be fixed while you are in the area.

Now that I'm looking at this more closely, what should happen if the properties file doesn't exist? This is in a static initializer and it's attempting to load "intrinsic.properties" which should always be present -- if it's not present, the system was constructed improperly.

So, if intrinsic.properties isn't found, what should happen? Ignore this (seems like a bad idea); issue warning message (how?); throw something like FileNotFoundException? Well, static initializers can't throw checked exceptions, so maybe throw a RuntimeException with a suitable message?

Advice appreciated.

s'marks