On 2 March 2011 19:48, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Kelly O'Hair wrote:
>>
>> Need reviewer for change in jaxp source drop bundle
>>
>> 7023289: jaxp 1.4.5 development jdk7 2nd integration
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ohair/openjdk7/jdk7-tl-jaxp-145dev1/webrev/
>>
>> Joe or someone from the JAXP team may want to comment on the specific
>> changes in this new
>> source bundle.
>>
>> -kto
>>

> The update to jaxp.properties looks okay to me.
>
> -Alan

The problem with this drop tarball method is the jaxp.properties
update is all you can see.

How do we know what the actual changes are between these tarballs?  Is
there some JAXP repository somewhere these are derived from, with
appropriate tagging?

When we had the source code in the repository, we could at least see
what changes were being made.  Having to track down and patch some
JAXP issues recently has been a nightmare with this drop tarball
system.
--
Andrew :-)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: F5862A37 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EA30 D855 D50F 90CD F54D  0698 0713 C3ED F586 2A37