Alan Bateman wrote:
>> I also need to create a bug for this as I don't think we have one already
> Here it is:
>
> 7042603: TEST_BUG: test/java/io/IOException/LastErrorString.java touches
> system files

Hi Alan,

thank you for creating bug# for this issue.

I changed this regression test so it does not need to use shell script
at all because now it creates all required files itself.

Here is new webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ptisnovs/jtreg-jdk-test-LastErrorString-fix2/

I've also ran this test on Windows XP SP2 and it seems to works fine.
Output of this test is stored in an attachment [stderr_windows.log].

Please note that I found only Win XP configured with Czech locale so
some system messages might me incomprehensible, but these messages are
correct ("Přístup byl odepřen" == "Access denied" etc.)

Cheers,
Pavel
Work directory: ./
Deleting old file ./readable_file with result: true
Deleting old file ./writable_file with result: true
Deleting old file ./unwritable_file with result: true
Creating new file ./readable_file with result: true
Creating new file ./writable_file with result: true
Creating new file ./unwritable_file with result: true
File.createNewFile
  java.io.IOException: Systém nemůže nalézt uvedenou cestu
WARNING: No exception for File.getCanonicalpath
FileInputStream(file)
  java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\pagefile.sys (Proces nemá přístup k
souboru, neboť jej právě využívá jiný proces)
FileInputStream(dir)
  java.io.FileNotFoundException: . (Přístup byl odepřen)
FileInputStream.read()
  java.io.IOException: Read error
FileInputStream.read(byte[])
  java.io.IOException: Read error
FileInputStream.skip
  java.io.IOException: Neplatný popisovač
FileInputStream.available
  java.io.IOException: Neplatný popisovač
FileOutputStream
  java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\unwritable_file (Přístup byl odepřen)
FileOutputStream.write()
  java.io.IOException: Write error
FileOutputStream.write(byte[])
  java.io.IOException: Write error
RandomAccessFile
  java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\pagefile.sys (Proces nemá přístup k
souboru, neboť jej právě využívá jiný proces)
RandomAccessFile.getFilePointer
  java.io.IOException: Neplatný popisovač
RandomAccessFile.length
  java.io.IOException: Neplatný popisovač
RandomAccessFile.seek
  java.io.IOException: Neplatný popisovač
RandomAccessFile.setLength
  java.io.IOException: Neplatný popisovač
RandomAccessFile.readShort
  java.io.IOException: Read error
RandomAccessFile.readInt
  java.io.IOException: Read error
RandomAccessFile.writeShort
  java.io.IOException: Přístup byl odepřen