Just realized this has come in too late ...

Joe Darcy said the following on 07/20/11 05:49:
Agreed; I've posted a BlenderRev corresponding to the current patch at:

   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~darcy/7007535.4/BR-7007535.html

Thanks. So now I can more readily see that the doc for Executable isn't quite suitable for Constructor in a few places:

getDeclaringClass:

183     /**
184 * Returns the {@code Class} object representing the class or interface
185      * that declares the method represented by this executable object.
186      */

For Constructor "method" should be "constructor". But I think, looking at the terminology elsewhere that the above could be rewritten as:

"Returns the Class object representing the class or interface that declares the executable represented by this object."

getParameterTypes:

219      * represented by this object.  Returns an array of length
220      * 0 if the underlying method takes no parameters.

method -> executable

getGenericParameterTypes:

229 * parameter types, in declaration order, of the method represented by
230      * this executable object. Returns an array of length 0 if the
231      * underlying method takes no parameters.

Again change to " the executable represented by this object".
And then: underlying method -> underlying executable

241 * parameter types of the underlying method, in declaration order 243 * if the generic method signature does not conform to the format
247      *     types of the underlying method refers to a non-existent type
250 * the underlying method's parameter types refer to a parameterized

method -> executable

In fact do a search for "method" in Executable and most occurrences should be changed to "executable".

Finally, in getModifiers, why delete the "as an integer. The Modifier class should be used to decode the modifiers. " ?

BTW I also find the multiple "Specified by:" references to be quite strange. There can only be one specification for a method.

David
-----

Thanks,

-Joe

Mike Duigou wrote:
This looks good to me but I agree with David that it's probably important to look at the generated javadoc and specdiff output before finalizing.

Mike