On 10/12/2011 03:12 PM, David Holmes wrote:
Hi Charles,

On 12/10/2011 4:26 PM, Charles Lee wrote:
sys/unistd.h, sys/fcntl.h are not supported in AIX. And according to the
POSIX.1-2008 (http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/), I have
changed them to unistd.h and fcntl.h. The patch has been tested on both
linux and aix.

I also change the header file in solaris, though I do not have a solaris
machine on the hand. Hope it will not break the build :-)

unistd.h and fcntl.h are already used extensively on Solaris

The patch and webrev has been attached.

Looks like they were stripped of the email. (And of the second attempt.)

By grepping I assume the splashscreen_config.h file is one place this was fixed for unistd.h. It is interesting to note that in some cases at least (eg splashscreen_sys.c) the C file includes <unistd.h> anyway.

Yes. Only splashscreen_config.h has <sys/unistd.h>

We'll need to verify the changes for <sys/fcntl.h> in the genUnixConstants code. There tends to be a reason (often historical and possibly no longer applicable) for using the sys variants (though sometimes it was just that the non-sys version didn't exist at some point in time).

By grep, only genUnixConstants.c and genSolarisConstants.c use <sys/fcntl.h> in the jdk repository. And more than 20 files use <fcntl.h>

Cheers,
David Holmes

Trying to attach a plain diff file again and again....

--
Yours Charles