On 5/25/2012 6:37 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 25/05/2012 10:32, Masayoshi Okutsu wrote:
Hi Deven,

Sorry. I didn't review the test case...

You can use applet to write a manual test. You will find some manual tests under test/java/awt such as:

test/java/awt/TextField/ScrollSelectionTest/ScrollSelectionTest.{html,java}

Thanks,
Masayoshi
Masayoshi - I think we need to strongly discourage adding any manual tests to the java/util/ tree.

Another option would be to write a native program to change the system setup and run a Java program to detect the change. But it requires the administrator privilege and is a bit risky. A test failure may leave a test machine in an unusual state.

Any other options?

Thanks,
Masayoshi