Anthony and Alan,

Thanks for your comments. I've reverted the changes to CommonSetup.sh so that XToolkit is no longer forced. Tests still pass.

Please see the new webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~juh/7162111/webrev.01/

Thanks,
Jason

On 06/25/2012 06:19 AM, Anthony Petrov wrote:
Hi Alan and Jason,

On 06/23/12 11:28, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 23/06/2012 02:01, Jason Uh wrote:
This fix was for regression tests failing on Mac OS X on remotely
executed environments. The changed tests now run in headless mode and
have been taken off the Problem List.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~juh/7162111/webrev.00/
The CR: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7162111

Note that test/demo/jvmti/mtrace/TraceJFrame.java was not fixed here
because headless mode is not supported for JFrame. A separate CR will
be created for this.

It's good to see these tests changed to run headless and will make the
test execution much more reliable. Aside from the mtrace demo there are
a couple of other tests that periodically hang initializing AWT, at
least when running via ssh and then depending on whether someone is
logged in and other configuration settings. Some of the shell tests for
serialization come to mind (BTW: no problem doing that via a separate
bug, just mentioning that there are other tests that are problems too).

One question, and this may be a question for Artem or others, is that in
CommonSetup.sh you set AWT_TOOLKIT=XToolkit. Is that right?

I don't think we need to force XToolkit on the Mac. We don't quite
support it on that platform actually. The normal headless CToolkit
should work just fine. Could you please revert the changes to
CommonSetup.sh and verify if the tests pass?

--
best regards,
Anthony