Hi Holmes,
I agree with your comment on duplicated comment. It should be factored out. The context of the change is that the group of signal handlers should be registered at best effort, which means for all JVM, we should try to register them all in an independent way. In fact, the original code does not act homogeneously. For example, in solaris/classes/java/lang/Terminator.java, there are 3 registration calls for signal "HUP", "INT" and "TERM". On start up of some JVM, "INT" may already have been occupied for some reason and this will cause "TERM" to be skipped. It is not what the original code intends to do, is it? I provided a new revision of patch to remove the dup comment, available @ http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~youdwei/ojdk-430/webrev.01/. Your comment is much appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
Frank