I see. I was not aware of -Xshare:dump. Thanks, Alan.

-Dan

On Thu 11 Oct 2012 03:55:34 AM PDT, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 11/10/2012 11:42, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 10/10/2012 21:18, Dan Xu wrote:
Thanks for your good comments.

I have changed access modifiers for methods in WinNTFileSystem.java.
And the new webrev can be viewed at
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dxu/7186817/webrev.01/

I did not change the hashCode implementation in this version. It
will need further complete tests and another round of code review.
But it is a good point to improve our code performance. Please log
another bug to address this issue. Thanks!

-Dan

Thanks Dan, it looks good to me. I'll push this shortly for you.
Dan - I've pushed this for you but without the change to the following
file:

make/tools/sharing/classlist.windows

The reason is that file is auto-generated and has a hash at the end so
it's not meant to be manually edited. The class list is used by
-Xshare:dump to generate the shared archive for class data sharing and
is tolerant of missing classes. I think the class lists are a bit of
date anyway and are overdue a refresh.

-Alan