On 11/25/12 2:07 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:

The focus of this mail is java.util.logging.LogManager as it specifies that the default configuration is loaded from ${java.home}/lib/logging.properties. Clearly this file is changed in some environments, although running with java.util.logging.config.file is probably more robust in that the settings can be used with different JDK installations. The proposed changes (javadoc changes only, no implementation changes) is here:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alanb/8003949/webrev/

This looks fine with me.

Note that I have also removed the statement that "properties may be set via the Preference API" as the implementation has never used the preferences and not worth re-visiting now.

I agree that it's good to take this statement out.

Mandy