On 12/5/12 3:45 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 04/12/2012 15:55, Daniel Fuchs wrote:

So that would be the wording:

     * Uses the service-provider loading facilities, defined by the
     * {@link java.util.ServiceLoader} class, to attempt to locate
     * and load an implementation of the service. If there are
     * providers other than the implementation specific default
     * located, then the first provider that is
     * not the default is instantiated and returned; Otherwise
     * the default implementation is returned if it is on the
     * classpath or installed as an extension.

This however suggests that in JDK 8 the default implementation
*needs* to be put on the classpath or installed as an extension.
But is that right?
Wouldn't that be required only when running with a profile in
which the default implementation is not present by default?

Maybe we need to find yet a better wording.

-- daniel
It might be better to just leave it as "Otherwise the default
implementation is returned".

Or maybe:

"Otherwise, the default implementation, if present, is returned" ?

I think the original intent was to make provision for the case where
the implementation module would not be installed....

-- daniel

-Alan