On 11/12/2012 23:53, Stuart Marks wrote:
Hi all,

Please review the following gigantic webrev [1] to clean up @build tags in RMI tests. Details underlying this change are in the bug report [2].

Briefly, if test classes listed in @build tags are in the wrong order, this trips over a jtreg problem that in turn causes a cascade of subsequent tests to fail. It's sensitive to the order in which tests run. The problem currently occurs in the jdk7u repo. It doesn't happen in jdk8 right now, but as things shift around it might occur in the future.
The changes looks okay to me. Also just to mention that I've seen this with jdk8 too, but only with -concurrency where the tests are running concurrently in different agent VMs to speed up the execution. It's very intermittent and hopefully the underlying issue in jtreg has be resolved soon.

-Alan.