On 12/18/12 6:29 PM, Joe Wang wrote:
Hi Daniel,

The call: T provider = findServiceProvider(type) in static <T> T
find(Class<T> type, String factoryId, ClassLoader cl, String
fallbackClassName) ignored factoryId, and assumed it's the same as
type.getName(). I looked back I had the same bug in my original patch.

I don't think that's a bug in the new code - but rather possibly a
bug in the old code ;-).
There's no way you can pass a property name to the ServiceLoader.

The JAR Specification says:

"A service provider identifies itself by placing a provider-configuration file in the resource directory META-INF/services. The file's name should consist of the fully-qualified name of the abstract service class."

So I think the current code is correct in ignoring factoryId - because
according to the spec the file name should be the same as the
abstract class name.

-- daniel

-Joe