As part of JEP 155 we are proposing to add the following public classes to support Scalable Updatable Variables, DoubleAccumulator, DoubleAdder, LongAccumulator and LongAdder.

These have been written by Doug Lea, with assistance from members of the former JCP JSR-166 Expert Group.

Webrev and javadoc are at:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8005311/ver.00/

Since Doug is the author, I am taking a reviewer/sponsor role.

Here are my initial comments.
 - There are various places in DoubleAccmulator where there are broken
   links to #sum ( I think it is just a cut'n'paste error ). These
   should be #get.
 - Accumulators
   {@link #get} may read somewhat better as {@link #get current value} ??
 - Accumulators
   Does the 'identity' value need further explanation?

Note: There is one minor change to the implementation. Currently in the jdk8 repo j.u.f.DoubleBinaryOperator defines operateAsDouble. This method has been renamed to applyAsDouble in the lambda/lambda repo. When these changes are sync'ed from lambda/lambda this can be reverted. A similar comment has been added to the code.

-Chris.