On 09/01/2013 03:58, Mandy Chung wrote:
:

Looks like the jar tool -m option allows an entry with a space "Profile: " (a space following ":") - an existing bug then. There may be other implementation to create a jar file that doesn't do the check though.
There is a long standing issue (and bugs) related to trailing spaces. I'd like to stay clear of this one for this work.

:

I see no issue with the jar tool to know about the profile names as they will be standard and part of the platform. Having the jar tool to validate the profile name will help catch mistake at packaging time. This is minor and I'm fine to revisit this in the future.
Okay, I'll go along with this and I've pushed a change to the jdk8/profiles forest to do this and also expanded the tests to ensure that the jar tool fails if an invalid profile is specified to -p.

-Alan.