On 01/10/2013 12:59 AM, Stuart Marks wrote:
On 1/9/13 11:33 AM, Martin Buchholz wrote:
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Jim Gish <jim.g...@oracle.com> wrote:

I'm in the process of adding deletion retry behavior to jtreg, but in
the
meantime we think it makes sense to provide a more stable test
environment
by simply getting rid of the redundant deletes by the test itself.
There
really is no need for tests to delete files from the scratch
directory at
the end of a test because jtreg carries a guarantee of cleanup.

I consider it good practice for a test to delete temporary files - it's
just a java program that might be run outside of the test harness.

I'm in favor of tests cleaning up after themselves too, but am sympathetic to this issue ( I've seen this test fail too many times! ).

> I'm in the process of adding deletion retry behavior to jtreg, but in
> the meantime we think it makes sense to provide a more stable test

I guess you could call these changes a "workaround" to the issue with the jtreg harness. Once Jim adds "deletion retry behavior" to jtreg these changes can be reverted, and the test can go back to being a good standalone citizen, right? If so, I agree with the changes.

-Chris.