(The only way to serialize a TLR represents a strange abuse to
begin with. You'd need to save the result of
ThreadLocalRandom.current() in a field of a serialized object.
Which would be a terrible idea ...)

And so, anything sensible that we do here will have the
(too nice?) effect of "fixing" the errors of anyone
crazy enough to do this -- rather than deserializing into
a non-thread-local ThreadLocalRandom, it will attach to
the common one.

Given all this, I think Heinz's suggestion below looks suitable.
Chris, do you agree about the serialization incantations?

-Doug