On 15/01/2013 16:33, Chris Hegarty wrote:
Updated webrev:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8005926/webrev.01/webrev/

 * based on Aleksey initial webrev
 * applied serialPersistentFields, writeObject, readResolve
   ( as suggested by Heinz )
 * did not apply readObject. It is unnecessary, defaultReadObject
   will read all the fields off the stream

readResolve is necessary to give us "good" behavior ( as noted previously ).

Once integrated, I will file a new bug to track the possible change of serialized form of TLR, and this can then remove serialPersistentFields and writeObject, if successful.
The plan and the changes looks good to me too.

-Alan