Moving to core-libs-dev to allow for wider review. As Dan mentions, we've been looking to remove the Solairs-specific interruptible I/O for a long time.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Review Request: JDK-8001334 - Remove use of JVM_* functions from java.io code
Date:   Mon, 21 Jan 2013 23:25:25 -0800
From:   Dan Xu <dan...@oracle.com>
To:     nio-dev <nio-...@openjdk.java.net>

Hi,

Interruptible I/O on Solaris has been highly problematicand undercut portability. And the long term plan is to remove it completely from JDK. In JDK6, the VM option, UseVMInterruptibleIO, was introduced as part of a phase-out plan to allow developers/customers to disable it. In JDK7, the default value of UseVMInterruptibleIO flag was changed to"false" to make Solaris blockingI/O operations uninterruptible by Java thread interruptsby default.

The last stepof this phase-out plan is to remove the feature completely. And it is good to do it now in JDK8. In this fix, I removed all related codes in IO area by replacing JVM_* functions with direct system calls. Please help review the proposed fix. Similar changes in networking area will be done via a different bug.

Bug: https://jbs.oracle.com/bugs/browse/JDK-8001334
webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dxu/8001334/webrev.00/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Edxu/8001334/webrev.00/>

Best,

-Dan