David,

As you know, recently we have seen jdk changes coming in from the hotspot integration forests, thus potentially avoiding a flag day. I'm not saying that this is necessarily a good idea, but just wondering if it is now something that we should reconsider, over the hefty process you described below? That said, it would require the said engineer observe the general engineering processes that are required to integrated into both TL and the hotspot forests.

-Chris.