On 25/01/2013 17:55, Peter Levart wrote:

:

The solution is actually very simple. I just want to validate my reasoning before jumping to implement it:

- for solving scalability of getProxyClass cache, a field with a reference to ConcurrentHashMap<List<String>, Class<? extends Proxy>> is added to j.l.ClassLoader - for solving scalability of isProxyClass, a field with a reference to ConcurrentHashMap<Class<? extends Proxy>, Boolean> is added to j.l.ClassLoader
I haven't had time to look very closely as your more recent changes (you are clearly doing very good work here). The only thing I wonder if whether it would be possible to avoid adding to ClassLoader. I can't say what percentage of frameworks and applications use proxies but it would be nice if the impact on applications that don't use proxies is zero.

-Alan