On 2/21/2013 10:46 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:

Joe Darcy recently added @jdk.Supported [1] to make it possible to identify JDK-specific APIs.

I'd like to add this to a number of APIs in the com.sun namespace to make it obvious these are "supported".

It's nice to be able to mark what is supported vs unsupported in the com.sun namespace since there are a mix of supported and unsupported APIs.

[...]
The webrev with the changes is here:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alanb/8008662/webrev/

Looks good to me.

In a couple of cases the package description is legacy package.html so I've had to move/convert them to package-info.java.

In all but one case I've added the annotation to the package-info, the one exception is com.sun.management where there is at least one type that is documented as "not supported". Joe Darcy might have suggestions on that.

I wasn't aware of the unsupported com.sun.management.OSMBeanFactory class being included in the javadoc. I think that can be fixed and I'll file a bug and hopefully we can clean that up.

Mandy

Otherwise this is mostly mechanical and the patch file is easier to review that the webrev.

-Alan

[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/tl/langtools/rev/55cca2f38ee6