Hi Vlad,

On 22/02/2013 8:02 AM, Vladimir Danushevsky wrote:
Please review changes for
https://jbs.oracle.com/bugs/browse/JDK-8005545  "Add System property to
identify ARCH specific details such as ARM hard-float binaries" which
adds an optional sun.os.abi Java system property indicating an ABI type
being used by the JVM:

CCC Reguest: http://ccc.us.oracle.com/8005545

Neither of the above URLs are accessible outside Oracle.

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vladidan/8005545/webrev.00/

Looks okay (names not withstanding :))

At some point this will need to sync with profiles changes in Images.gmk that also updates the release file. I did it a slightly different way when the "obvious" way (using ifneq inside 'define create-info-file') didn't work - I added to the actual recipe:

$(JRE_INFO_FILE): $(OUTPUT_ROOT)/spec.gmk $(OUTPUT_ROOT)/source_tips
        $(ECHO) $(LOG_INFO) Generating $(patsubst $(OUTPUT_ROOT)/%,%,$@)
        $(call create-info-file)
ifneq ($(PROFILE),)
$(call info-file-item, "JAVA_PROFILE", "$(call profile_name, $(call profile_number, $(PROFILE)))")
endif

(that was only needed for a JRE not the JDK). Doing it via the shell is cleaner I think.

David
-----

Separate change to the build script (e.g. in ARM Hard-Float ABI case):
setenv ARCHABIPROPNAME gnueabihf
-DARCHABIPROPNAME="\"$(ARCHABIPROPNAME)\""  is passed to the CFLAGS

Thanks,
Vlad