On 12/04/2013 18:28, Xueming Shen wrote:

I'm not sure if the 3-digit unit fitting is "better" or not. But xml spec cited in the toString() API specifies that the "trailing zeros are optional" in its 3.2.3.1 "lexical representatin" section and "trailing zeros are prohibited..." in 3.2.3.2 "canonical representation" section. So I think trimming trailing zeros in FileTime.toString()
is just fine.
The deviation and reference to the XML scheme spec was intended to be deal with the issues of year 0000 and > 9999. I'm happy with dropping the trailing zeros, I just wasn't sure if you suggesting that it would have been better to use 3-digit unit that allow trailing zeros.

:
Updated.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sherman/8011647/webrev/

Looks fine. The eqTime method is still printing to System.out in the test but it's not a big deal.

-Alan