On 4/17/13 6:30 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 17/04/2013 16:41, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi,

These changes correspond to the changes that have been already reviewed
under the umbrella name of JDK-7169894 (which was closed & cloned into
JDK-8005954 for administrative reasons) - re-based on the latest jdk8-tl
forest tip.

So this is basically JDK-7169894, re-based & merged at the tip - with
small additional editorial changes (like e.g. fixing the copyright
years). The merging was not completely trivial - hence the new
RFR.

<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/JDK-8005954.01/webrev-all-files/>

Previously reviewed changes can be browsed at [1].

best regards,

-- daniel
I've skimmed through the new webrev and it looks like the changes that
we agreed over many iterations back in January. Are there any specific
areas of the merge that need attention? (I didn't see any).  Overall
it's very good work and it will be nice to get this in.

Most of the merge troubles were in the FactoryFinder.java
and XxxxFactoryFinder.java files - the merge was a bit difficult because some lines had changes in both parent and child - like
method signature where a <?> had been added to the return type
in the child and a new argument had been added in the parent.

In transform/FactoryFinder I had removed a boolean from the
newInstance(...) methods - and that caused a merge issue too
which had to be resolved carefully.
(originally requested by Mandy who noticed that the method
 was always called with the same boolean value - and therefore
 did not need that boolean has argument).

Merge in the other files was otherwise trivial.

-- daniel

-Alan.