On 5/9/13 11:16 AM, Mike Duigou wrote:
As we found with 5045147 (TreeMap with null first entry), which is similar in
terms of how the null treatment changed, there almost certainly will be
people's code who barfs when generating the proxy now throws the NPE.

Thanks for the reference.

The proxy case is somewhat different than the TreeMap case. In order to make a proxy usable, it must provide an InvocationHandler as in Proxy.newProxyInstance method.

I'm not saying don't make the change, but there will probably some
repercussions.

Yes and that'd be the case when one creates a proxy with null InvocationHandler and not use it after all. I expect this is really rare and customer testings on jdk8 EA bits will confirm this.

Mandy