On 15/05/2013 15:30, David Chase wrote:
The changed files are these:

M src/share/classes/java/util/zip/Adler32.java
M src/share/classes/java/util/zip/CRC32.java
M src/share/classes/sun/misc/VM.java
M src/share/native/java/util/zip/CRC32.c
M test/java/util/zip/TimeChecksum.java
A test/java/util/zip/CRCandAdlerTest.java

This is for a performance RFE filed against "compiler",

JDK-7088419: "Use x86 Hardware CRC32 Instruction with java.util.zip.CRC32 and
java.util.zip.Adler32"

The nature of the changes is
1) adding fork-join parallelism for Adler32 and CRC32,
2) handling small cases in Java when that is cheaper than JNI overheads,
3) on suitable Intel platforms, using a fancy instruction to make CRC go faster.

There's a companion patch for the hotspot side -- the two conspire to pass
platform feature information
through a property "sun.zip.clmulSupported".

And to which list should I post the request for reviews?

David

The core-libs-dev is best for the java.util.zip code.

You can push changes to the zip code via any of the integration forests but I think it would be best if you used jdk8/tl/jdk as that is the route for all changes to the "core" libraries.

-Alan