On 21/05/2013 23:42, Mike Duigou wrote:
Hello all;

A lot more people have been playing with using concurrency lately with JTReg and most
have found that tests will frequently fail or error out because of OOM errors. The
problem is that the jdk/test/Makefile currently doesn't specify a size for the vm
instances used for running tests. This results in "VM Ergonomics" sizing being
used and the test VMs which get created are generally too large to run very many of them.

This patch sets a specific size to the vm instances created to run tests,
512MB. This value has been successfully used to run tests by our internal SQE
team and by Alan Bateman for quite some time. It also seems to work for me.
Individual tests which require more memory can specify their requirements using
explicit -Xmx options in @run tags.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mduigou/JDK-8014819/0/webrev/

Thanks,

Mike
Looks okay to me, I've always used -Xmx512m when running with agentvm and that value seems to work well for the jdk tests.

-Alan