Paul,

This looks like a nice cleanup, as well as fixing the timeout issue.

I just don't get the change in failure criteria. The old test used to verify that the arrays of random numbers of all generating threads were not equal, but now your checking the number of tasks?

-Chris.

Hi,

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/tl/JDK-8021883-random-stream-test/webrev/

This patch updates tests for ThreadLocalRandom streams and increases the
timeout duration. Although the original should be enough for most cases in
certain virtualized and emulated environments it might not be. I also took the
liberty of consolidating the code and sprinkling stream and CompletableFuture
dust on things.

Paul.