Hi Iris,

I'm not saying it is right, but this is the situation we found ourselves in.

It might point to a bug in jtreg, or just "bad" jtreg meta-data.

>: ls one
.                ..               HelloWorld.java
>: cat one/HelloWorld.java
/*
 * @test
 * @bug 8765432
 */

/*
 * @test
 */

public class HelloWorld {
        System.out.println("Hello World.");
    }
}

>: jtreg -v1 one/HelloWorld.java
Passed: one/HelloWorld.java
Test results: passed: 1
Report written to .../jdk/test/JTreport/html/report.html
Results written to .../jdk/test/JTwork
>: jtreg -v1 one
Passed: one/HelloWorld.java
Passed: one/HelloWorld.java#id1
Test results: passed: 2
Report written to .../jdk/test/JTreport/html/report.html
Results written to .../jdk/test/JTwork

-Chris.

P.S. Note, the offending test has been fixed, and there is no issue in the jdk regression tests affected by this.

On 05/08/2013 18:16, Iris Clark wrote:
Hi, Chris.

I also noticed this. Running the test explicitly seems to locate just the first
@test, while running in a batch (sometimes) finds the two! Not sure why.

If you execute jtreg with explicit file name(s), only those files will be search for "@test" tags.
If you use anything else, e.g. directory names, then jtreg will search all *.java, *.sh, and *.html files
searching for "@test" tags. For the "sometimes" is it possible that one of the tests has
been somehow excluded (e.g. on a problem list) but the other one wasn't?

Thanks,
iris