Hi Martin,

On 08/21/2013 06:28 AM, Martin Buchholz wrote:
> If a Reader throws, the test might still pass, since only throwing from
> the main thread matters.  See infrastructure in JSR166TestCase, e.g.
> threadUnexpectedException.

Yes. I still don't think there is a value in catching the exceptions in
the threads for this concrete regression test. Should the reader die
with the exception, the test will fail anyway, since enough readers are
not available.

> OTOH, there seems no value in converting exceptions in the main thread
> to ISE.  Just declare main to throw Exception or whatever.

This seems to be the stylistic nit. ;) There is the symmetry against
readers code, which wraps the exceptions into the ISE. For my taste, it
looks better to retain that symmetry.

I can still make the changes to the test, if you insist.

-Aleksey.