On 2013-09-08, at 10:39 PM, David Holmes <david.hol...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 7/09/2013 1:28 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
>> On 06/09/2013 15:18, David Chase wrote:
>>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~drchase/8022701/webrev.00/
>>>
>>> Question #2, what's the best way to write a jtreg test suite that
>>> requires incompatible class files, that could not result from a single
>>> javac compilation?
>> Can you coerce ASM into creating it? Alternatively it is something that
>> you can create off-line and include in a class as a byte array (to load
>> via your own URLClassLoader)?
>
> Multiple @compile tags in the main test?

I did it with a hacked classloader instead, see the message with

RFR(S+M) / 8022701 Accessibility checking: InvocationTargetException is thrown
instead of IllegalAccessError
(webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~drchase/8022701/webrev.02/ )

I figured it could not be "small" if it included multiple files in the test.

David