Thanks for those interesting measurements, Sergey.

As you point out, the 8024761 changes are be more broadly beneficial to most
292 users, such as Nashorn and JRuby.

So I'm glad to hear they hit near the mark of the specialized tweak.  We can
keep your tweak in our "back pocket" in case we need the extra boost.  But I
think further general work (in the JIT) on folding up MH.invoke will close the
observable gap.

— John