On 16/09/2013 18:37, Volker Simonis wrote:
  Hi,

could you please review the following webrev which contains the basic
changes and files needed in the 'jdk' repository in order to build the
OpenJDK on AIX:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/8024854

Hi Volker,

You'll probably need to send the webrev to serviceability-dev, awt-dev and 2d-dev to catch more of the areas that are touched here.

I don't have time to look at this closely now but just a few comments from a quick pass:

1. There are a few changes for OS/400 in the patch, are they supposed to be there?

2. In src/solaris/native/sun/nio/ch/Net.c then I don't think the throwing of UOE is needed in any of the join or block functions. Instead you should be able to just adjust the error handling to map EOPNOTSUPP to IOS_UNAVAILABLE and it should work (at least I assume the issue is that AIX must be failing with EOPNOTSUPP rather than ENOPROTOOPT). You can also just return IOS_UNAVAILABLE isSourceFilterSupported return JNI_FALSE.

3. src/solaris/native/java/net/linux_close.c. Given the expanded usage then we should really consider renaming this. Also given the lack of __attribute((constructor)) support then it might make sense to always initialize the close mechanism from JNI_OnLoad (on platforms that need it). This is something for net-dev of course.

That's all I have for a quick first pass, there are actually a lot less changes that I expected. The patch reminds me (again) that we really need to sort out the src/solaris tree. I'm actually curious if it would build with the AIX specific sources in src/aix.

-Alan