On Oct 3, 2013, at 5:35 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:

> On 03/10/2013 16:10, Brian Burkhalter wrote:
>> Please review and comment at your convenience.
>>
>> Issue:       https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7179567
>> Webrev:      http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/7179567/
>>
>> Summary
>> * Document and throw IAE from URLClassLoader constructors.
> If urls is null then it looks like the long standing behavior is to throw
> NPE. If so then would be simpler to just specify that rather than switching
> to IAE?

It would be. I think the main point is to catch the null parameter as soon as
possible. I can easily do the s/IAE/NPE/ change in the revision.

>> * Clarify specification of SecureClassLoader.getPermissions.
>>
> A minor comment on SecureClassLoader is that you might want to align the
> @throws to match the other @exception usages in the class.

I saw that difference but am used to using "@throws." Is there any preference
of one over the other in new code?

> Will you be adding tests for these cases to the webrev?

As needed once the concept in general is accepted.

Brian