Hi Lance,

The immediate issue was to get javadoc -Xlint  clean again.
AFAIK that is what has been requested.

Roger

On 10/16/2013 4:56 PM, Lance Andersen - Oracle wrote:
Hi Roger
On Oct 16, 2013, at 4:50 PM, roger riggs wrote:

Hi Lance,

So there is no content in the paragraph.

I was referring more to an example such as this in Instant.java

* <h3>Time-scale</h3>
  * <p>
  * The length of the solar day is the standard way that humans measure time.
  * This has traditionally been subdivided into 24 hours of 60 minutes of 60
seconds,
  * forming a 86400 second day.
  * <p>

I believe this is no longer correct with the current html standards. tidy complained to me when I ran against one my my doclint reported javadocs for tags like that that I did not fix (and a slew of other errors which I am
going to let go for now).

Just trying to know if it is just enough to address what doclint is complaining about or should I go further?

Best
Lance

In the past using an empty <p> tag created some empty vertical space;
but i understand that's a misuse of <p>.
I didn't try to compensate for that in my updates but it does change the appearance since the vertical space gone. I'll have to look to see if there is some spacing control for <ul>
that would restore the spacing.

Roger