Thank you Alan for review and offering the sponsor's help.

Here's the exported patch.
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/2commit/8026756-jdk8-GZIPInZip-fails.patch

Sincerely yours,
Ivan

On 18.10.2013 14:43, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 17/10/2013 04:41, Ivan Gerasimov wrote:
Hello everybody!

When I proposed a fix for 8023431 I messed up with verifying the fix somehow, and the test started to fail right after pushing the fix.
I'm sorry about that.

The reason of the failure is that when GZIPStream is closed, it also closes the underlying stream.

In this fix I removed try-with-resource block around GZIPStreams usage, so they do not close the underlying ZipStreams. I also got rid of the threads and replaced the logic with simple ByteArrayStreams manipulations.

Please have a chance to review the webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8026756/0/webrev/
Thanks for coming back to this one. The updated test looks much better. Do you have a sponsor for this?

-Alan.