On 02.11.2013 15:37, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 01/11/2013 11:18, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
Hello.
Please review the fix for jdk 8.
Most of tests in the sound area, and some tests in the client, java.lang, security, jmx etc has incorrect copyright.
According to the http://openjdk.java.net/faq
"GPL v2 + the Classpath exception for the class libraries and those parts of the virtual machine that expose public APIs"

But currently our tests mix gpl+cp and gpl or has no header at all.
Tests with "/nodynamiccopyright/", with other company's copyright, or other gpl templates were not updated.

Also it would be good if in the faq we explicitly mention about copyright of the tests.

Webrev can be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8027696/webrev.00

Thanks for doing this. I sampled a few of the files in the webrev and the changes mostly look okay.

The only thing is that I'm not sure about is the dates that you've put on tests that were missing a header. For example, test/com/sun/jmx/remote/NotificationMarshalVersions/TestSerializationMismatch.java was added in 2013 but the header proposed in the webrev has 2012. Does your script to fix up these headers look at the hg log to get the date range?
After the absent headers were added, I manually verify them and looks like in this case my eye was hackneyed and I change it to 2012. I'll additionally recheck them again.

I see you've changed jdk/test/Makefile to have the GPL header. I don't know what the right header is for that (as the rest of the Makefiles have the GPL + Classpath exception).
I would be good to have one rule for all files under tests directory.

One other question is whether this is a one-off effort by yourself or whether this is part of an effort to keep us in check on a continuous basis. Periodically David Katleman brings up malformed headers on jdk8-dev. I assume these are caught by something that checks the headers on a weekly or continuous basis. Maybe there is an opportunity to combine efforts and also have these scripts run on a continuous basis on jdk8/tl, jdk8/awt and the other forests that collect changes.
It is one time effort. My main goal was to update tests in sound and client area.

-Alan.

--
Best regards, Sergey.