On 11/5/2013 4:23 PM, David Holmes wrote:
Ship it! :)

Thanks for the review.

And again apologies for sending you down the wrong path on the volatile.

No apology needed.  I missed its usage in sun.misc.VM.

Mandy

David

On 6/11/2013 6:25 AM, Mandy Chung wrote:
On 11/5/2013 2:38 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 05/11/2013 02:21, Mandy Chung wrote:

Fixed.  Revised webrev at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk8/webrevs/8027351/webrev.03/

I looked at the latest webrev.

Having runFinalization and runAllFinalizers be a no-open during
initialization is reasonable (it should never happen).

I agree with Peter's suggestion to move the
SharedSecrets.getJavaLangAccess() into the run methods.

Yes agree - thanks Peter.

As regards the booted flag then there are a few places where
VM.isBooted is used so it be better to leave it as volatile (it's only
used in a few places to having it synchronized is unlikely to make an
observable difference).

Reverted back to volatile.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk8/webrevs/8027351/webrev.04/

Mandy