On Nov 7 2013, at 01:24 , Erik Joelsson <erik.joels...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> I think this looks good. A couple of comments that don't necessarily call for
> any changes.
>
> The version check is commented out, when is it planned to be activated?

I was working on this piece at the same time as a the "make version 4.0"
discussion was happening and I wanted to wait for the solution used there and
reapply it. I can complete this code before commit.

> I see you use 'which' as a fallback in the makefiles. Just be aware that we
> have had some trouble using the which command in the past. Sometimes on
> Solaris it gives unexpected output depending on your environment and the
> behavior on fail is different on various platforms and implementations. It
> looks like you are trying to handle all the weird cases though.

The pattern I used is copied from hgforest.sh where the problems were indeed
previously encountered. I would prefer to have no fallback at all and plan to
eventually remove it in a future changeset. The current fallback behaviour is
intended to help with the transition from the old build system to the new build
infrastructure and the variety of usage patterns for test/Makefile which are
still being used.

It will be a week or two before I try to finalize this changeset.

Thanks,

Mike